Friday, May 24, 2013

May 2013 Updates

I love this crew so much. While some days are difficult and we grapple with selfishness and respect for others and cooperative living, those moments are redeemed when I hear Blane say "Gavin, I love you." and Gavin reply, "Me too, you're my best brother." Or when I hear the disappointment in Blane's voice when we break the news to him that he can not marry Ashley. I see Blane rising to the challenge of his biggest brother role in the ways that he loves on and protects his brother and sister. I've witnessed Gavin's heart soften over time as he's exhibiting more self control and more eagerness to step into his role as protector and helper. Both boys often acknowledge my growing belly and are eager to give their youngest brother a good morning belly pat or kiss. The boys enjoy holding the door open "for the girls" and they are quick to notice when my hands are full and they need to bear some of the load (it is quickly becoming a standard rule that a girl, mommy included, should only be carrying something if the boys' hands are full). It certainly isn't easy to have this many little ones, but they make life so rich, they are a blessing from the Lord indeed!






Worm experiments for school!


Yay, ice cream!


A campout!



He loves putting her to bed : )

Leaf litter science experiment

Ashley at baby Zack's shower!




Lunchtime!

Goofball!

We made scrolls for school! 


Exercising dominion over their land and livestock!

Daddy took a day off work to take us on a field trip to the Blue Bell factory!



No comments:

Post a Comment